Sime Friendly Format E - lot's of problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have got lots of issues with my boiler.

First of all I can't identify boiler model. It says Sime Friendly Format E on the front but I'm able to find two "E" models on the internet - 80E and 100E. How do I identify which one I got?

All the problems started when the boiler began to switch off for no apparent reason. Called the plumber in. He checked it, serviced it, took £100 and left. Was very surprised that the pressure goes so high (~2+bar). Same problem occurred in several hours. A quick call to the same guy didn't give a lot of confidence. He says it must be PCB and promised to come back to me with the price. Never did... :evil:

So I decided to fiddle with it my self. Took off the PCB in hope that I would be able to find the part number. Got the number. Failed to find the part online... BUT it stopped cutting off the heating after I assembled it back. Great. Methinks.

Onto the next thing. Managed to figure out that the too high pressure is caused by faulty water top-up valve. Replaced. The pressure is ok, it doesn't go more than I set it to be (1bar on cold)... But sometimes it drops to less than 1bar if the boiler is left switched off.

The last problem that I got now is that the pump started making weird noises after the plumber took it off to check. It's like it doesn't get enough water. What could be the problem of it? I don't know if it's related but the radiators are heating up when hot water tap is on.

So I guess I got some combination of these three problems:

1. Diverter valve or diaphragm in it is faulty (because radiators are heated when hot water is on)
2. Faulty pump.
3. Faulty safety valve

It looks like the CHS is generally not clean because two of the radiators are cold in the middle. It's not like they are not bleed. It's cold in the middle bottom and hot on the sides and the top.

Any advice is appreciated because I'm starting to lose hope...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back