Sime Super 90 Plus Boiler - Heating Fine But No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a Sime Super 90 Boiler installed for approx 5/6 years without any problems until now. Whilst the central heating is fine it is no longer producing hot water. When I turn on the hot tap the pilot light doesn't come on and the boiler doesn't fire up, I can't even hear the fan rotating.
I have been advised that it is most likely the diverter valve that needs replacing. Can anyone tell me if this sounds correct?

Also, and I wasn't going to mention this until I read some other posts, over the past few years the boiler has been making an exploding/booming sound of varying intensity when it fires up. Sometimes it is okay but the majority of the time it is loud enough to cause my adjoining neighbours the same misery as I experience.

If anyone can offer me potential solutions to both the above I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
check correct operation of divertor valve
when running hot tap spindle on dv should push out and operate attached microswitches if this happens check same with multimeter
most probably the spindle will not be pushing out, in which case the diaphragm will have failed and need replacing or if signs of leaking buy appropiate service kit or replace dv.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back