sime super 90 plus - some water leak and not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sime super90 plus boiler is 10 years old. Today I noticed water leaking from one of the joints (looks like head of a screw). Tried to control the leak by screwing. The leak was minimal. When I switched on the boiler, after some time, heard a rough noise inside the boiler, which stopped automatically.

When I checked the manual, realised that it not a simple screw, probably a valve. So I turned it to its original position...water is dripping bit faster. Unfortunately, boiler is not firing. No hot water..no heating in the house!

Can anybody tell what might be wrong? How can I restart the boiler, please?

Sponsored Links
HI

it is very difficult to give advice with info that you have provided.what sort of valve is it ?i doubt that the valve is the cause for the boiler problem.

FED UP OF COWBOYS ?TRY INDIANS .

Repressurise the boiler to about 1.5 Bar and try again.

Tony

Thanks for your reply guys. I managed to restart it through reset button. ..but, it is still leaking from that valve .......C.H isolation valve ..(with heating, it becomes hot...so I guess, hot water goes through it.

Any suggestions please

Sponsored Links
HI

it is leaking from the ball inside i am afraid you will have to change it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back