single pitched roof price

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to get a quote for a single pitched roof for a side house extension. The area of coverage is 4 meter width, 8 meter length, Can anyone give me a rough estimate for the labour cost? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I need to get a quote for a single pitched roof for a side house extension. The area of coverage is 4 meter width, 8 meter length, Can anyone give me a rough estimate for the labour cost? Thanks in advance.

crystal_ball.jpg

Are we talking about building a cut roof/trusses or are you referring to tiling a roof in?

It's a single storey extension to the side of house. Want a proper timber constructed pitched roof with roof tiles. this help?

It only helps a little.

Do you intend using trusses?

If it is a cut roof, what pitch?

If it is a cut roof are we talking purlins or clear span rafters?

Is it a gable roof or hipped?

Are there any valleys or dormers?

Are the existing tiles concrete interlocking or plains?

Too many variables to just blurt out a p/m² price.

Sponsored Links
Noseall, i have know idea about roofing. I have a single storey side extension. 8 meter long and 4 meter wide, and want a single pitched tiled roof over it.

is it really not that simple?

Noseall, i have know idea about roofing. I have a single storey side extension. 8 meter long and 4 meter wide, and want a single pitched tiled roof over it.

I've found people don't like to give prices and I can understand that when they can't see a job.

I had a quote to put a tiled pitched roof on my garage and to swing round over the front. It was 4k inc vat which included removing the old flat roof, putting up the timber trusses, insulation etc etc

Also quire a few people said to get cavity trays installed. Haven't got a price for that yet but they thought it might be between £700-900

8.5m x 2.6m

No.

For example; A plain clay tiled roof costs a lot more than say a concrete interlocking fella.

If you ask ambiguous questions be prepared for ambiguous prices.

Ok then it will be between £5 and £50,000. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back