sink drain probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello
I have a prob with my sink
the plug hole is leaking. I pried it off - didn't take much - so I could clean it up and put on new sealant - the metal whatnot below that goes into the drain wasn't even touching the sink - clear air all the way round. Looking underneath, there doesn't seem to be any kind of fitting to attach it to the sink - it was just pressed up against it - surely some mistake - should tere be a bolt somewhere? can't see how it works?
any advice gratefully recieved
mark

Sponsored Links
Hi

In the sink there should be a screw from middle of grill going into the body of the base. This needs to be tight to clamp the sink.

The complete thing is quite cheap and easy to fit, buy new from any plumbing or DIY store.

Hope this helps

yes it did help thanks
I was dreaming about it and realised that the plug in the half sink had a straight rod in the centre and in the full sink it was threaded - yes the screw had attached itself - now all reattached and no leaks and nasty smells

but dreaming about plumbing probs - i think i'm in need of a life!

thanks again

mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back