Sinking Patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
This summer just gone, I paid a young lad to slab my rear garden. He said that he had done many gardens and he would have no problem doing mine. He done an "ok" job of it but I was not looking for perfection, just somewhere for my bbq etc.
I walked outside this after noon to replace a bit of guttering, stood on a slab and it sank!
I lifted the slab and noticed there was a water channel running through the sand. I lifted the slab next to it, only to find a hole/pipe that goes into a waste pipe for my bath and sink water!
Can anyone advise how to block this up to recover with sand?

(ps, I have had anglain water out twice to unblock the sewer. I suppose this was the cause of the blockages!)

Sponsored Links
What was that pipe originally used for?

Perhaps, if you dig, and pic & post, the exposed tee connection, and the connecting waste we could help?

The whole patio bedding looks ramshackle, so it might be a case of lift and re-do the whole thing?

It used to be all concrete patio with a little gully that acted as a drain. There is no connection as such, just an end of a ceramic pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back