Sisters Shower poor flow less then 1L p/m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Havent been round to check but my sisters shower is giving less than 1L per minute. Not sure if new fault or always been like it. She has put a new large bore hose on the outlet, this did not improve the situation much, have tried without the handset on there and this gave a bit better but still only 1.1 L pm. Shower is a triton as per the attached picture, and is gravity fed from loft with balanced cold and hot (15mm)with the storage tank on a pedestal in the loft around 90cm from the rafters. Shower on floor below so only just 1.1M of head. Appreciate never going to blast the barnacles off but would have thought flow would have been more than 900ml p/m. House is being changed to HMO and this one is in an ensuite so is a bonus for the tenant but need to keep a reigns on water useage and energy use. Can anyone ID the shower it is a Triton brand cannot see the model number. Wonder if it is not suitable for gravity?

Tks

Sponsored Links
No idea with the ID, but it may be an idea to check the flow rate from the valve with the hose disconnected?

ok Sent a picture through to Triton and they reckon it is the Tyne bar mixer which is rated at 3L for .1 bar. SO guess it's time to take it apart and see if someone has put flow restrictors in or see if the filters are blocked.

Sponsored Links
I'd be checking the filters first. I've got the Triton Altair, which gives a sensible shower, but if yours is anything like mine, the filters are fixed into the inlets on the mixer, you will need to remove the shower from the supply tails and wash the filters out in situ.

Hugh are the filters not removable or is it that they get corroded in?

Tks

Has the installer removed the non return valves they are not required for gravity balanced supplies.

Filters are built into the shower, they haven't corroded so I presume are stainless. They are a very fine mesh, it doesn't take a lot to clog them up. I'm in a (very) hard water area so limescale is usual suspect, I descale the shower head and wash the filters out every 6-8 weeks usually to maintain the shower performance.

haven't been round to check it as yet. Will take my adjustables over there next time I go and see what we have got. Probably got cheap old ballofix isolators rather than full bore type as well. Will promise to give an update but might by a week away.

Pressure reducer/non return valves where in the inlets, just an Allen key required to undo the retaining bush was all that was required. Shower hose was only 6mm internal bore but local shops didn't have any at a reasonable price had already ordered 2x shower booster valves as seen on dragons den and now have over 4L per minute so vast improvement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back