Size & Depth?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone tell me:

A) What diameter MDPE would be required for LPG supply from the 4 bottle changeover valve to boiler. Only appliance that will be connected is a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 combi.
Distance is approx 20M underground then will join existing 28mm copper for about 10M to boiler with minimal turns.

B) What depth the underground bit has to be? (pedestrian access only).

And C) No I'm not going to do it myself but am fed up with the 6 week delay in getting quotes out of my local Corgi and want to get the bits myself and get trench dug.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Seen this before :LOL:

I hope you're loaded because that will cost mega bucks to run.

Who suggested 28mm copper :eek:

Your local corgi will have to inspect the pipe etc so you will not be able to back fill anyway.

Yeah the question last time was what type of pipe and what depth. Got advice on pipe type but not depth.

The 28mm is existing pipework running from outside ground level up and into cupboard where the boiler is gonna be and local corgi said he would utilise that to go from the MDPE to the boiler.

Sponsored Links
100mm cover if below concrete, otherwise 375mm.

Theres stlll something I'm not happy with but can't put a finger on it.

maybe think of it later :rolleyes:

Thanks doitall.

Would I be right in presuming pipe depth under paving slabs is same as concrete?

Any idea on the diameter of the pipe? 25mm?

yes to both, thats a minimum cover a bit more don't hurt

Don't forget, sand in the bottom wait for RGI to test, then cover with sand, add ID tape and backfill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back