Size of pipe to use on 10mm micro bore system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am adding a radiator to a new front room. My heating system is 10mm micro bore on a sealed system. I have read something about using correct pipe for distance the rad is from the feed pipe. The new radiator is on the ground floor and the pipe will have to run under the concrete floor. The rad is about 8m (in pipe run) from the 22mm feed. I was going to use 10mm plastic coated pipe. Is 8m too far a distance to use 10mm??

Sponsored Links
Like as been said it depends on the size of rad, also is that 8m flow and 8m return ?? if so you could be pushing it.

Why not run 15mm flow and return to were it drops down to feed the rad reduce to 8 or 10mm (10 I would recommend) that should give you enough flow rate to heat the rad.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for the advice. I will look at using 15mm flow and return and reduce to 10mm at radiator.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back