SKY + Box LNB instalation ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
have just bought a sky plus box off an auction site , and need to install a new LNB in the dish apparantly ( aint a clue about this!!), Anyone know any Janet & John step - by-step guides to instaling this on my dish,and what leads ect I need to use??
All help gratefully accepted ,thanks!!

Sponsored Links
what you want is a quad\twin LNB for they additional feed for the sky box (they need 2)

the LNB is the 'lump' on the end of the arm coming out of the dish. the old one will just pull off the end with enough pursuasion and depending on the type of replacement you get, you should probably be able to just slot it back into the arm

this sort of thing - http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=47171&&source=14&doy=search

the cables just have standard 'F' type plugs that you can unscrew from the old LNB and screw back onto the new one you may need to tweak the alignment of the dish once you've put it on the new LNB (go to system setup on your sky box and there's a signal strength meter)

you'll need to run a second feed from the LNB to the sky+ box - either by buying some satellite coax from b+q and a couple of 'F' type connectors, or you could probably get hold of a suitable length pre-terminated cable if you dont fancy crimping the ends on yourself :)

Sponsored Links
Ended up getting a guy in for £55 fitted including the lnb thingy as well,up and running in 30 minutes ,gave him an extra £5 for a pint,I was well happy!! Merry xmas all!! :D

Back