Sky HD --- is it worth it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Samsung 37inch HD ready LCD ------- 720 'only'

Thinking of upgrading to Sky HD in time for Xmas. Bearing in mind a 37inch is in reality the smallest of the 'Big Screens' -- is it worth the extra £10 a month (plus the initial cost which I understand requires different connecting leads)

I have been adv that at 37inch there will be no difference in the quality between a 720 & 1080 ------ is this true?

Any advice welcome.

Sponsored Links
You really need to decide for yourself -find a dealer who can show you HD compared with standard side-by-side. Decision will be a lot easier then.

Only you have your eyesight.

i saw a topic on a biker forum i go on and it seems that theres not that many HD channels available at mo for the money

You really need to decide for yourself -find a dealer who can show you HD compared with standard side-by-side. Decision will be a lot easier then.

Only you have your eyesight.

Can't argue with that GRC!

What about having HD with a 720 set rather than the 'full' 1020? As I said, I have been told it make make any difference at all on a 37" set.

Sponsored Links
afaict most stuff on sky HD is only broadcast at 720 anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back