Sky tv in pubs and clubs

As several contributors have pointed out, there are several overseas Networks that show live Premiership football. The ones that come to mind are Canal+ (Scandinavia), Sky Italia and Nova. There used to be some from Nilesat (7W) on Showtime but I am not sure if they are still present.

The main concern for a social club or pub is whether or not they can slug it out financially with the FA if it comes to a court case or the setting of a legal precedent. I assume that due to restricted finance, a social club might cave in at the 1st solicitors letter from the FA rather than risk taking it further. It would be good if a large chain of pubs were to take the plunge where they had the backing of decent finance to challenge the FA on the UK satellite reception of broadcasts uplinked by overseas networks with a valid subscription. Perhaps this has been tried and failed.....?

For home personal use there is never a problem, it is just the display for public audiences that is the issue.

Rgds
Jack

Sponsored Links
Hi i've been in the satellite game for 24 years, in my years i've seen numerous people used multiroom get caught and lose sky completely.

Its always better to have the original Receiver or Cam ( conditional access module) for that exact channel as your showing but make sure its what the channel provider provides to their customers.

You will stand a lot better chance in a court of law because you have the proper equipment.

I would never use a pirate or card sharing system in a pub then they can in theory get you on loads of breaches of uk copyright laws

Carrying on from what Whitevanjack says, I've seen social clubs with a sign on the door that state; "Any representative from Sky, the brewery, or 3rd party, may not be given access to the property without permission of the membership", so if someone gets busted, is that not legally binding, to say they entered the premises without permission, or do Sky and such do remote checks?

Or does Sky get some chap to drive round all the pubs, to watch TV? covertly?

Sponsored Links
....Or does Sky get some chap to drive round all the pubs, to watch TV? covertly?

Considering that Sky are rumoured to have spent vast amounts of money on funding the hacking of the Seca encryption system with an electron microscope; to send a white van man around fifty thousand UK pubs is inconsequential to them.

As a follow up, once the Seca encryption system had been hacked the details were quickly passed on to the professional pirates and the broadcasters who used this system were compromised.

Rgds
Jack

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back