Skywatchers set for meteor shower on august 12

If the Met office are correct (not that I have much confidence in them these days) the only thing i'll see tonight, whether stood up or lay on my back, is cloud!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There's not going to be anything to see with the moon where it is. Anyway you need to wait a while, you're not even on the leading face of the planet until after 1am BST. After that you are moving forward into space at 18 kilometres a second.

just recieved this from a friend of mine, Well down here in the south of France I've just come in from half an hour of meteorite watching.

We're lucky that there's very little light pollution out here in the countryside so we've been able to see quite a few shooting stars and one fireball. They've now noticeably slowed down in frequency and the moon is starting to rise so it was a good time to come in.

Sorry to sound so smug about it - hell no, I'm not sorry at all! hes a lucky git.

I saw some, it was about 3am.
I watch one or two which seemed to have a mind of their own, as they didn't seem to follow a direct course and weaved about a bit, is that normal?

Sponsored Links
Back