Sleeving for 25mm Water Main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can this be 1.25" pipe or does it have to be bigger?

Sponsored Links
I take it the sleeving you're talking about is thru' the wall ?

If so,it should be okay but I would go slightly bigger for expansion movement.When I did mine I use a 40mm waste pipe which give you approx 7.5mm on each side of a 25mm water main.

Its going 750mm underneath my front garden rising under the foundations to 150mm under my porchway and then into the under floor space in my front hallway wia a hole in the brickework.

The only time to sleeve it, is when going thru' the wall to protect the pipe and there no need to do it anywhere else.When I did mine I put 50mm foam pipe insulation to keep it frost-free,even then the water company said it not really necessary!

Sponsored Links
The water regs do say that it has to be sleved as it passes below or through the boundry, I cant find any spec on material or size,so its prob just "good practice"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back