sliding doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyonehelp in sugesting ways to fit sliding doors to an existing external door frame ie do's and dont's.
Friend picked up 2 sliders from the auction and wants me to fit to a studio building as external doors! which is a bit odd as I think thay may be internal doors. How can I tell the difference? They seem quite good quality and are glazed. does anyone know where to pick up the sliding mechanisms , Its the ones that the door hangs off and slots into on the floor.
There is an existing wooden frame that I will have to adapt to fit the doors into. But wonder if it might be more of a headache than is worth.
cheers

Sponsored Links
just a question, if your friend has picked up some sliding doors , why do you need the sliding mechanisms. surely if they are sliding doors the mechanisms came with them.

You could always try a double glasing co, but i bet they are a specific size

How are you going to lock them (once installed)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back