Slot head screws.

aussie1 said:
sloted screws went out years ago no point in using them now,every one uses philips heads,you can buy ones that will stip the head of your screwdriver,not the screw.

So many people are unaware of the difference between phillips and pozidrive... One of my pet hates! The amount of times I've struggled to remove screws after people have damaged the head because they don't know any different.

Inevitably, the same people that tell me how they picked up such a bargain set of screw drivers, 'it was only £2, the whole set!!!' :rolleyes:

(My Sandvik No2 pozi is about 17 years old... stills sits snug in the screw head) You pays for wot u get! :D

The art of lining up the heads of slotted screws is dying out... quite often just put in willy nilly nowadays... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If your screwing in the dark it's easier to find a slot by feel. I don't usually use any artificial lubricants to aid penetration. Once you've established penetration, however, battery power can be usefull to speed things up.

You also have to take care of your tool. If the tip gets damaged, you'll have to get it sorted out before you use it in another slot.

You should also have a screw of the right length. If the screw is too short, you'll have to do it again. If the screw is too long, it can have a boring effect. Just the right length garuntees satisfaction all round.

Sometimes, though, it's better to just to be nailed against a wall. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back