slow fitter or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I supply & fit, 7 rad & combi systems for £2.750. I work on my own and i get the material's delivered in full on the first morning. I work on making £1.600 a job,so if i work to my job plan and by the end of day 2 i have all rads piped,boiler up,flue in and the gas ready to connect at metre. I will tay until i have got to that stage,if it's not too late. I left a post asking how long you would say is your average on a average 7 rad and combi job.My average is 3 days and i have to graft to do that and i dont leave anything out.I cap all my drops,patch up around the capping and boiler,earth everything that is on the regs,and flush and clean system out.Is this slow according to others it is?

Sponsored Links
Zimmers you've been found out!
Stop pretending to be someone else.
You are a very insecure, inexperienced, novice 'plumber'.

If you want genuine help then ask!

3 days to do a full heating job at £533.33/day clear seems a bit steep
I'd reckon on 5/7hr days, to do a professional job.

Zimmers you've been found out!
Stop pretending to be someone else.
You are a very insecure, inexperienced, novice 'plumber'.

If you want genuine help then ask!

you forgot to add:

"the number of a good psychiatrist"

Yes I was just thinking that was either a stupid question because if you are that good you don't need to ask, or you aren't doing a proper job, though you say you are.

So you are either

1/ fabricating a post

2/ really good and a lot better than me

3/ typical (fast but poor workmanship)

We have some installers round here wirking at that pace they are clearly in category 3.

So far since they started up a few weeks ago I have had the following faults on their installs.

Job 1/ Gas pipe 15mm all the way from meter 15 meters. 28kw system boiler fitted to two bedroom semi not ranged down, no permanent feed to boiler so pump overrun circuitry couldn't work. Roomstat linked out. Old trv in lounge not changed and stuck. Customer had been charged £2,700 for basically a boiler change to this quality.

Job 2/. phone call something like this "I can't believe that in this day and age we can put a man on the moon but in 5 visits an installer can't fix a leak". Turned out he had left off a fibre washer and one 22mm compression on his autobypass just needed pasting. he had been back 5 times and just tightened up every time.

Sponsored Links
Yes I was just thinking that

Job 2/. phone call something like this "I can't believe that in this day and age we can put a man on the moon but in 5 visits an installer can't fix a leak".
Yeah, but it was Russia, not Poland who did Man on Moon :idea: USA`s was just dodgy photo`s in a studio...was he Corgi tho` :?: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back