Small gap between Window & Wall... What do I do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Very inexperienced DIY'er, currently in process of decorating the spare bedroom.

The condition of the walls hasn't always been brilliant, and when we took off the wallpaper around the windows we were left with the below.

The edge has been Caulk'ed but there is still a gap between this and the wall. We are looking to paint the walls. Would you recommend that we paint the walls and then caulk over it to give it a neat white Finnish, or would you suggest we caulk/fill the gap before painting?

What would you recommend I do with this?
08MERmq.jpg

ybrGJVm.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you want a neat white finish, it'll take more than some caulk am afraid.
The old caulk needs to be removed, any holes on the wall next to the window filled with polyfilla, digging out any loose plaster first.
Decorators caulk can be painted over once properly (so they say!) so you can finish with a neat line of caulk around the window before or after you've painted, just depends on how much of a steady hand you have with a paintbrush and what you want it to look like :) Personally I just have a very small line of unpainted caulk around my windows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back