Smart lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking to replace my porch door Lock and the house's main door lock with a smart lock. I would like to get a suggestion for the right model in terms of security, mobile integration, accessibility ( like using a key, fob, or mobile app), and most importantly what to do when the battery goes down.

At the moment, the Main house's wooden door lock is of type ( Rim Automatic Deadlatch)
and porch UPVC door lock is of type ( Multipoint locking system ). Is there any smart lock that would work for multi-point locking as well?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
I'm totally against anything that uses technology to open doors, start cars at the touch of a button, control robotic lawnmowers etc. Too many things can go wrong with them or be by-passed by, as @bernardgreen says, some smart alec that can quickly work their way around it.
Give me a good old fashioned, key operated, 5 lever mortice lock or ignition key any day.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back