Smeg Dishwasher won't start cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi... I've just moved into a new place which has a Smeg Dish Washer. I can't see an obvious model number, but it's a SlimLine Standalone style with 5 programme buttons.

The appliance has been working all week, however, this morning we turned it on, but it would not except any button presses. Instead all that happened was that the right hand programme button (P5) was lit and in the display was 1.23 plus the Salt indicator.

I initially thought that 1.23 was the time for the P5 programme, but now am unsure. If I press the start button nothing happens. In the abscense of an 'E' error code normally seen on Smegs, I assume the fact that the P5 light could actually be an error indication.

I've tried a reset procedure where I open the door, turn off the appliance, turn it back on and press the programme button 4 times in 3 seconds, but not sure if I'm doing it right as I don't know which programme button I should be pressing.

There are no obvious issues inside the machine.

Any ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back