Smeg Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At Wits end. Have a Smeg Dishwasher (not 100% on model number is Series E4 as far as I can tell) It powers up, the LED shows the time of each program selected, the timer button cycles through the time delays and the eco button works. It will not however, Start. To start the machine you have to hold down the start button for five seconds, it beeps and off it goes. However, in my case, it beeps, it starts up for a second, then beeps and stops. If I hold the start button down and allow it go through the start up sequence it does so, and when I take my finger off the button it continues to work.

On the basic rinse cycle the machine takes 11 mins. So after holding the button down and getting the cycle to work it then stops on 3 minutes. Water still in the machine. If I hold down the start button again it empties and the program ends.

I have tried the Smeg PCB reset and cannot get it to work (which program button do I press 4 times in 3 seconds?) and I'm sure its something simple.

Doing my head in!!! Please help if you can. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. The link is broken though. I think the SmegTech site is down.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back