Smeg range oven handle falling off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My mate has a Smeg TR4110 range oven. The long handle that runs the full width of the front has fallen off on one side.

smeg-oven.jpg

The red arrow shows where the handle is now missing a screw. I am not sure if I need to pull the oven out to remove the top or whether I need to remove the section where the knobs are to get access to the machine screw. Even if I do either of the above, I am worried that the fitting at the end of the handle may be broken inside.

The third page of the schematics don't seem to help much

https://www.smegspares.co.uk/custom/Schematics/TR4110BL1.pdf

I guess that the handle/bar only exists for the purpose of hanging hand towels (or some such).

Ideally, he would like to keep the handle but if the housing in the end is beyond repair, he would rather that the whole handle was removed- which I guess means that I still need to gain access to the machine screws.

Help and advice gratefully accepted.

Sponsored Links
Looks to me like you need to remove the rear part with SMEG on it, probably screwed from the back down into the panel that holds the burners & pan supports. It looks like the same screws hold down that same panel which with the pan supports & burners removed should then either lift off or slide forward & lift off. You will then have access to the fixings for the rail ( 98201,97389 & 97390)

Looks to me like you need to remove the rear part with SMEG on it, probably screwed from the back down into the panel that holds the burners & pan supports. It looks like the same screws hold down that same panel which with the pan supports & burners removed should then either lift off or slide forward & lift off. You will then have access to the fixings for the rail ( 98201,97389 & 97390)

Many thanks.

Given that the handle is loose do you think that he should just live without it? By that, I mean do you think that the inner thread on the handle is effed?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back