Smeg STA 8745 dishwasher aquastop problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a brand new SMEG dishwasher, fully integrated into my newly installed kitchen. Very cleverly, the plinth is all siliconed in place so I can't get the dishwasher out to check if the bottom panel is flooded.
Light 1 is flashing, light 5 is constant.

Of course Smeg can't come for ages. Model STA 8745

Apart from an actual leak from the dishwasher, could it be anything else? and is it servicable without removing the whole unit from the kitchen?

Any troubleshooting ideas? I've seen some great suggestions from other people on this forum.... and tried Sleepyhead's reset technique by holding the off button and pressing the program button 4 times in quick succession but it didn't work with my model.

And finally, if it has leaked....where could it leak from, the pipe or the washing chamber?

I ***knew*** I should have bought Miele...but I got this from my kitchen shop as a "perk".

THANK YOU

Sponsored Links
inlet hose will poss leak if it is loose it leaks into the base of mc .i would get it out smeg wont dismantle your kitchen .they will tell you to get it out first and they will come back .put some towels on floor to soak up water .refit water hose and try again .

I've asked my kitchen supplier to solve the problem by giving me something from another brand. From what I've read online, Smeg sounds completely useless. I hope the kitchen company will prefer to replace it directly, rather than keep coming to re-glue the plinth every week when it goes wrong again!

I find Smeg really, really cheap quality. Definitely not cheap in price.

Thank you for your answer. I'm glad it didn't flood my brand new kitchen! piece a cr** !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back