SMEG DWI612C anti-flood mystery leak!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

After the dishwasher playing up for a while I have done a little digging around and found the bottom tray of my SMEG is filling up with water and tripping the anti-flood switch (it was full of water). With a bit of effort I have removed the dishwasher it from the units and put it on top of my workmate so I can lie underneath and find the source of the leak. Now the problem, not a drop of water to be seen! Is their a common internal leak source with SMEGs?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Remove the right hand side panel looking from the front,start the machine up and keep an eye on the plastic air break to water softener unit.One or both of the O rings could be leaking.

assuhors,

Superb, you are an absolute star, the rightmost seal is leaking, with obvious signs that the leftmost seal has also leaked. Wouls you advise that I disassemble, clean and put back together or should I buy new parts?

Thanks so much for your help, I have spent the whole bl**dy day lying on my back under the dishwasher looking in the wrong place :)

Thanks again.

You can dismantle and seal with silicone as a temporary measure but to do a lasting job replace both O rings.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back