Smeg DWI612c Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My Smeg dishwasher DWI612c has a leak which is tripping the aquastop sensor. I have traced this leak to the water softener components on the right hand side. I believe the O rings need replacing.
Does any one have any instructions on how to disassemble this component?
Can the o rings be bought or do i have to replace the whole water softener component (692650066)?

Thank you for your replies.

i have uploaded a pic of the problem area

Sponsored Links
top bottle pulls off ,try and clean o rings if not you can replace the rings ,cost pennys

thanks rocks1.

The top part is fixed to the side wall and seems to be attached to the softener dial inside the machine. Do i not have to unattach this first before pulling apart? If yes, then can you give me guidance on this procedure?

The water softener dial on the inside is a nut which with difficulty and wd40 will unscrew.Then release the clip where the air break joins the water softener between the leaking o rings and lift it out of the way.The two o rings are available as a spare part from Smeg.

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem. I have checked the o-rings and they seem fine - not perished or dirty etc. when turned on water squirt vertically up out of the connection between the air tank and water softener tank. Could the outlet from the water softener tank be blocked? How do I remove the water softener tank?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back