SMEG DISHWASHER (DWI612C)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello - hoping someone can help.....

my SMEG dishwasher (DWI612C) isn't heating water...and just continues on a never ending washing loop ! I have to cancel out of the program to get it to stop !

had engineer (I use the term loosely!) out last week who suggested running several kettles of boiling water through it and then using de-calcifying tablets - none of this helped one bit so I rang him again- he insists its the decalcification unit (water softening) and has gone off to price the new part....

I'm not convinced....as the cold cycle runs exactky as it should - for 10mins - it's only the others (where hot water is required) which are never ending... I can't see how the softness of the water would impact on cycle time...

Does anyone have any advice at all ??

thanks in advance :)

Debz

Sponsored Links
Either the door thermostat or heater element is faulty (in the worst event the heater relay on the pcb has failed). But my money is firmly on one of the first two. I have no idea why he suggested kettles of hot water, maybe he thought making a cup of tea would make it feel better :rolleyes:

Hi i have just fixed mine with same prob. Take out the board of the swtches from the front door and change the capacitor the squarish grey one with barcode on it. It suppose to be 1.5microfarad. Install board back amd reset the appliance by follow procedure on forums and it should go. Yummyote="debz32";p="2102587"]hello - hoping someone can help.....

my SMEG dishwasher (DWI612C) isn't heating water...and just continues on a never ending washing loop ! I have to cancel out of the program to get it to stop !

had engineer (I use the term loosely!) out last week who suggested running several kettles of boiling water through it and then using de-calcifying tablets - none of this helped one bit so I rang him again- he insists its the decalcification unit (water softening) and has gone off to price the new part....

I'm not convinced....as the cold cycle runs exactky as it should - for 10mins - it's only the others (where hot water is required) which are never ending... I can't see how the softness of the water would impact on cycle time...

Debz[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Hi if you want to fix it just do as I told you as the capacitor has changed its reading. It cost very little compared to 200 Euros for the whole board. Very easy and mine is working fine now. I had the first Programme running well as well. After reset the dishwasher and should work. It is usrless
Hi i have just fixed mine with same prob. Take out the board of the swtches from the front door and change the capacitor the squarish grey one with barcode on it. It suppose to be 1.5microfarad. Install board back amd reset the appliance by follow procedure on forums and it should go. Yummyote="debz32";p="2102587"]hello - hoping someone can help.....

Debz
[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back