So is this forum indicative of society?

I

imamartian

I'm not a big user of forums... or blogs... or facespace etc.... but i do quite like the odd soapbox moment on DIYnot. albeit late at night/weekend/booze filled (well not usually booze filled - honest).

And in the couple of years i've been on here, i've seen a weird cycle of life in a number of posters..... Tim West for one... Dex... and many many others.

is this forum typical of forums, are there argumentative times, busy times, bleak times (like now)....i suspect it will all bounce back with new posters.... but why does one subject (race) almost destroy a strong forum? (i'd appreciate an answer that doesn't take us into another race discussion)

Sponsored Links
I post on lots of forums, and in the last ten years ive probably participated in 100 forums of one sort or the other. In some ways there all the same, and in other ways there all different. Political forums are the worst for out and out flame wars.

If you want to sample the opposite of this forum, go and post on MUMSNET.

You'll see what i mean.

I post on lots of forums, and in the last ten years ive probably participated in 100 forums of one sort or the other. In some ways there all the same, and in other ways there all different. Political forums are the worst for out and out flame wars.

You'll see what i mean.

I've heard murmerings about mumsnet... what's that all about?

You'll see what i mean.

lol i got banzored off mumsnet :D

its full of looney left teachers, smartass posh superior 'working mothers', ladies who do lunch, and lesbian tree hugging vegetarian ecowarriors. They all vote labour. My slightly right wing pov didnt go down too well, and they have no sense of humour at all. It was the thread where i light heartedly suggested using immigrant children as naval ordnance that really upset them.............

Sponsored Links

You'll see what i mean.

its full of looney left teachers, smartass posh superior 'working mothers', ladies who do lunch, and lesbian tree hugging vegetarian ecowarriors. They all vote labour. My slightly right wing pov didnt go down too well, and they have no sense of humour at all. It was the thread where i light heartedly suggested using immigrant children as naval ordnance that really upset them.............

So no decent MILF on there? ;)

You'll see what i mean.

So no decent MILF on there? ;)

Possibly, but u'l get a lecture on the benefits of a centralised economy and state ownership of capital while you hump away......

Possibly, but u'l get a lecture on the benefits of a centralised economy and state ownership of capital while you hump away......
............ a tree hugging lesbian? I'll straighten her out ;)

Sponsored Links