So nice to have free speech....

Sponsored Links
The song was ****e anyway so no loss.

I had hoped that the copper wouldn't give in to those calling for him to resign though. Perhaps the message is if you want to remain a copper you have to be a liar that toes the line.

edit:spelling

We don't have to toe the official line, but officials have to be mindful of their position.

He is quite entitled to his private views but on a public forum it shows a real lack of judgement .

We don't know when there may be a perceived conflict of interest because of unguarded comments and political views expressed by those upholding the law are unwise.

Off the top of my head - perhaps for example in raiding a tory MPs offices for proof of expense fiddling?

Freedom of speech is one of the great thing's about this country,that seperates us from the Crackpot Theocratic Dictaterships and Third world Meglomaniac's

Sponsored Links
R1 Chart show will not play full Margaret Thatcher song

Thatcher 'death tweet' policeman Jeremy Scott quits

You may agree/disagree, but it appears that we must abide by the official line....

No, it's not a matter of our losing our right to free speech. That went long ago when uttering anything about muslims or homosexuals was forbidden in law.

No, it's about respect for the dead. Some of us - the more mature, I suspect - wouldn't dream of slating someone who has just died, irrespective of whether or not we agreed with them.

The more pontificating I would say if you are any example.
Thatcher didn't give a toss who she upset when she was alive, it's a bit rich her supporters whinging about people slagging off her memory now she's finally snuffed it.

No, it's about respect for the dead. Some of us - the more mature, I suspect - wouldn't dream of slating someone who has just died, irrespective of whether or not we agreed with them.[/quote]

Why?

He sounds like he'd have been on the lecturn at Adolphs funeral, giving the eulogy.

No, it's about respect for the dead. Some of us - the more mature, I suspect - wouldn't dream of slating someone who has just died, irrespective of whether or not we agreed with them.

I would guess that for most of us and in most cases that unwritten rule applies. However, MT was/is an unusual case in that millions of us hate her for what she did to the working class of this country. Why should we show her more respect now that she's dead than we would when she was alive?

I hope to around when Blair and Brown are remembered in the same way.

This country was bust before Thatcher and wealthy after. You OWE Thatcher.

Anyone that can't see that is a fool or a loser.

So Joe, we finally have a conviction and a reason behind you comments.

The country (ie YOU) was bust before and wealthy after eh? So Joe, you bought your council house, spent your pocket money on a few shares and made a few sheets. Bought another gaff, rented it and now your a property magnate. You have stated on here before that you didn't have a job so 'made your own'. You didnt, you just followed a trent - a good one.

You (now UKIP eh) as in most Tory voters, are so narrow minded. I like working for Tories.... People think freemasonry is underhand and yet Clegg had to badger Cameron to use a 'sign' on live TV.

Why?[/quote]

I suppose it's something to do with the fact that they can't defend themselves now they're dead.

Easy meat, eh?

So you realise your assets and live off them that makes you wealthy does it :rolleyes: It was a ponzi scheme others have been jailed for doing the same thing.

Without Thatcher this country would have been bust decades ago - and so would the rest of Europe. We need another Thatcher NOW.

Only when it goes bust will the Thatcher haters realise how dumb they really are.

Sponsored Links
Back