Sockets tripping at Consumer Unit

Ring Final. Of the three circuits protected by the RCD, two are RF circuits.
Ah - I was being a bit slow, although I would have been impressively fast if you'd typed 'RFC' :)

Mind you, I don't really like 'RFC', because it could just as easily be 'Radial Final Circuit' (like the disused shower circuit!)!

Kind Regards, John.

Yes, but rather RFC than RF Circuit - a thing with tuned circuits, local oscillators. mixers etc. operating somewhat above 50Hz. :)

Sponsored Links
Yes, but rather RFC than RF Circuit - a thing with tuned circuits, local oscillators. mixers etc. operating somewhat above 50Hz. :)
Maybe (these days) - although when I was a lad, an 'RFC' was a 'Radio Frequency Choke', a component within one of those RF circuits to which you refer!

Kind Regards, John

Well I isolated the fault....and it appears the advice that water and electricity don't mix was good...and the culprit was the dishwasher.

Noticed it was the only thing that was always on when it tripped....then last night it tripped twice with the dishwasher being pretty much the only thing plugged in (other stuff was but not not switched on)
I reset the RCCB - within seconds the RCD just for one of the circuits tripped....turned off the dishwasher....no problems since.
Glad I found it, not so glad I've got to fork out for a new dishwasher.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back