RCD keeps tripping off

I've just had a partial breakthrough .. the new toaster is faulty !!! I was going to start a few tests and found as soon as I plugged in the toaster the rcd went off, so I disconected the earth and tried again(very carefully of course) and the RCD didn't trip. I then tested the case of the toaster got 243V.. so I'm now very thankfull for RCD's.

However still only a partial breakthrough as I still have the problem with the socket controlling AV equipment(TV,PVR, PS3, surround system and wiiall through a spike surge protector) tripping although not every time in fact today about 1 in 10 attempts, and of course the original toaster tripped it several time too before we bought new one... although today it's working fine..(and I,m eating a lot of toast purely for diagnostic reasons !)

I'm going to try and find a socket tester locally later if not I'll have to wait for SFix to deliver.

Sponsored Links
I still have the problem with the socket controlling AV equipment(TV,PVR, PS3, surround system and wiiall through a spike surge protector)
Ah.

I'm going to try and find a socket tester locally later if not I'll have to wait for SFix to deliver.
You might want to get a new surge protector too.

And/or an extra one so that you don't have the entire load going through one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back