Sofia Monobloc Tap; how do you replace the ceramic valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a tap kitchen tap which is made Damixa. I bought it 7 years ago from B&Q - same as this one here - see link:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...ificationsSpecificProductType=1_tap_hole_taps

The tap is dripping on the cold side. Can you get replacement ceramic valves for these taps and are they easy to fit?

How do you get the handles/head gear off? On mine there is no Alan-key bolt on the handles to remove it.

I would appreciate and help or advice please.

Many thanks all

Sponsored Links
Previous post trying to get parts, beware!

It's almost impossible to get any sense from Damixa; its taken me 3 months being passed from various companies in the UK (Croydex and Bristan), to Damixa in Denmark, and back again to Bristan, only to be told it will cost me £72 for a new valve on my leaky tap - despite still being within its 5 year "guarantee" period !!!!

There is a small hex screw on the handle in the front. B&Q are useless to get the valves. ' We only sell the tap complete' standard reply. I used the standard 'one size fits all' replacement ones from B&Q, but did not fit, couldn't be bothered to take them back and so just put up with it. They stick out much higher.

Best to replace altogether with new taps.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back