Software ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have started a new company this year and I am looking to see if anyone can recommend a software program for security companies.

I want to get everything in place before I apply for accreditation as I think this would help. Are there any software that is built specifically for alarm engineers and takes into account the SSAIB/nacoss paperwork requirements?

I have looked at alarm master but this seems quite expensive for startup software.

Any ideas would be appreciated or any tried and tested software you know of.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Alarm Pro or Alarm Master, take your pick.

Click works but not industry specific.
Tresseract is nice but expensive.

AM has a deal with SSAIB I believe with a cut down version offered which you can add to as your database grows.

Thanks alarm,

Yeah I think alarm master sells a lite version for small companies.

I reckon that it may be better to spend the money as it will help with accreditation and also day to day running. And lets face it it you fail accreditation it's 600 quid down the pan anyway.

Il give them a call and get some details sent out.

SSAIB is the first step a lot make then they go for NSI.
Get the procedures in place and adhere to them and its not too difficult.

TBH I would say go for NSI Silver then Gold, give SSAIB a miss. But thats personal preference.
No doubt some of my colleagues would like to hang me for saying that lol.

Sponsored Links
I will look into them both and pick which one is best.

My personal preference would be nsi silver as it is, I would say, that little bit more known, then the progression to gold should be easier if the company grew large enough to warrant it.

BUT, I think for what I need just now SSAIB are more relaxed/not quite as strict?? Would I be right in saying this???

My one other problem is I am planning on doing mainly monitored systems with service contracts but I need to show whichever company I go with half a dozen or so systems already fitted. But this means I can't sell monitored systems untill I have accreditation in place to apply for the URN!

Bit of a vicous circle to be honest!

SSAIB are not as stringent from my experience, but still want quality.
( I have worked with both bodies, and helped write 3 ISO`s).

You could have keyholding only services until you can get URN`s. But the accreditation could be judged on bells only.
Again you would need to clarify with your rep.

Just watch the inspections :D
They like to pull a fast one, but fair. So tampers on LS`s and 3 amp fuses!!!

Thanks for the info,

I could do keyholder response only but the new company will only be dealing with fully maintained, monitored systems as I currently have a company which we supply subcontract labour to whoever needs it so any non monitored jobs go through here.

Ackward I know!

Could be because it is a Sunday but you have lost me there!
You sub out labour only currently.
The new company will only deal with maintained and URN`ed systems?
So have your purchased an existing then?

Currently I have a company with 6 engineers. All our work is all sub contracting only, I don't look for any my own work.

I decided that although I do ok I am not building anything up so I have started a new company this year and all we are going to do is monitored alarms with a maintenance contract attached to them. I am basically going to install the systems for free but the customer will pay for all equipment and their URN and the monthly maintenance fee.

I need to be accredited to apply for URN's and to be accredited I need to have installed a good few alarms to show the inspectorate. Now I only want to install monitored systems but I can't do this untill I'm accredited therefore will have nothing to show the inspectorate as I don't want to install a
Dozen bells only systems before I can be accredited.

I hope this helps

Hope this clears it up

Well not that many options really.

Get into a buddy system with another SSAIB company. Fit their stuff and they get the URN. Then have them inspected. But not probable
:cry:

Fit keyholder only. As above.

Take on some bells only with maint ( even throw in one visit free) and the promise of a deal when you get accredited.

Talk to your ARC of choice, they can be very helpful sometimes.

I think I will just need to install some bells systems first.

Already set up with SMS arc.

Thanks for your help

Yeah same company, it is nms I'm using.

Not that distance matters, used to use g4s over in Belfast.

Ahh good old G4, always had a laugh with them on the phones.

SMS/NMS are the best in my book.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back