Soil and vent with ridge vent connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i am getting ready to install a new soil stack and vent which will connect to an already installed ridge vent. My question is on the installation of the ventilation part and the use of flexible hose /pipe.

Are ther any regs on the type/quality/ distances of flexible pipe i have to use? Can i use simple pvc flexihose as used in the bathroom fan?

Many Thanks

Edit i have added this rather crude representation of where my pipe is going. The problem with th supplied ridge vent connector is that the connector is only bout 1mtr long. So i would need to insert solid pipe up the angled part of the roof, then fit another small length before i even meet the flexipipe.

My plan was to have approx 3m of flexi pipi (black stripes on mydrawing)

Sponsored Links
The ones made for the job have the proper connections either end. Flexi ducting won't meet the standards for soil stack venting, but if you can seal the ducting properly then it would work.

Hopefully the council won't be inspecting it :)

Hi all, i am getting ready to install a new soil stack and vent which will connect to an already installed ridge vent. My question is on the installation of the ventilation part and the use of flexible hose /pipe.

Are ther any regs on the type/quality/ distances of flexible pipe i have to use? Can i use simple pvc flexihose as used in the bathroom fan?

Many Thanks

Edit i have added this rather crude representation of where my pipe is going. The problem with th supplied ridge vent connector is that the connector is only bout 1mtr long. So i would need to insert solid pipe up the angled part of the roof, then fit another small length before i even meet the flexipipe.
dont bother with the flexi pipe mate , just where the pipe runs up the side of the bathroom add a air admittance valve such as made by durgo at about £12 , tony

Sponsored Links

Many Thanks

dont bother with the flexi pipe mate , just where the pipe runs up the side of the bathroom add a air admittance valve where you were planning to start a flexi connection such as made by durgo at about £12 , tony

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back