soil pipe 3 inc

Z

zorbas40

Dear all,
Upstairs I have a room and it use to have a sink and a shower, as it was dated we have start to take everything apart and want to fit a WC a sink and a shower, all will fit perfect,
BUT....i have noted the drain pipe is 90mm / 3.5 inch and the WC is 110, will it be possible to buy an adaptor to fit?
The main drain for the other toilet is on the other side of the house so there is no way to fit a new pipe.
Any ideas?
Kind Regards
diynot.JPG

Sponsored Links
3inch soil is 82mm o.d of the pipe- are you measuring the fitting?

You can get 82/110 reducers but I'd not be happy putting the WC onto a 82 drop stack - the vent above the WC branch will be fine in 82. The connection to the drain @ ground level will be a 110/4 inch drain and if possible change the pipe to there. Perhaps you could get a pic. of the connection by removing a section of boxing downstairs?:notworthy:

Sponsored Links
Is it possible that the section of soil pipe you are looking at is the 'dry' part which can be smaller than the usual 4"? Someone could have tapped into it in the past connecting the basin & shower. As Nige says, have a look downstairs and see if you have a larger pipe.

thank you both for your help, I will have a look the problem is that becouse the pipe goes inside the house in the seating room and i is boxed in and with wall paper, i had a look from the top down and I can not see anything biger
the toilet is going to be used very little and if it is legal i will go for a 3 " adaptor

It's not illegal. I would fit Hep V O waste valves ( waterless traps ) on the basin and shower because with the smaller diameter stack you might find the WC discharge causes a suction that would pull out the seal on a conventional trap, and let smells back out. So crack on .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back