Victorian toilet waste issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Victorian toilet (house c.1890) that I'm looking to replace, mainly so I can fit a sink waste like this into the soil pipe as no easy way to exit the sink waste: https://mcalpineplumbing.com/wc-con...deg-flexible-wc-connector-universal-vent-boss

However the soil pipe seems to be concreted in and I'm a bit reluctant to have a go gently uncovering it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on:
1) if i could somehow tap a 32mm waste into the existing soil pipe (to not have to replace the toilet)?
2) what i'm likely to find underneath the concrete? I assume a clay soil pipe hopefully in a good state!

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4310.JPG
    IMG_4310.JPG
    286.2 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_4311.JPG
    IMG_4311.JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_4312.JPG
    IMG_4312.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 235
Sponsored Links
1) if i could somehow tap a 32mm waste into the existing soil pipe (to not have to replace the toilet)?
Sadly, not a chance!

2) what i'm likely to find underneath the concrete? I assume a clay soil pipe hopefully in a good state!
That's the most likely - clay 4" probably with a collar.

The easiest route to break out the existing pan spigot is to break the pan to the point where you can stuff a rubble sack or two inside the spigot and then gently break the spigot up to the point where you can clear the clay pipe spigot - the rubble sacks are to stop chunks of the pan/mortar falling down the clay.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back