Soil pipe dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SoilDownPipe1.jpg

SoilDownPipe2.jpg

I've pulled out some old kitchen units and exposed this soil pipe connection. I had to drag out an old cardigan and some socks before taking the photo so it must have been causing a problem in the past. Right now it's only very slightly damp around it and there is no smell, but the house is only occasionally occupied at the moment. I'm tempted to cover it back up and hope for the best but what should I really do?

Sponsored Links
If its just the collar that cracked, and there's no leaking when the WC is flushed, make good the shoulder with a decent mortar mix, and hope that solves it. Only real method for a permanent solution is to replace the lot.

SoilDownPipe1.jpg

I've pulled out some old kitchen units and exposed this soil pipe connection. I had to drag out an old cardigan and some socks before taking the photo ?
Was it a left or right sock;) Is the soil pipe galvanized steel ?

Sponsored Links
not clear from photos, is it asbestos? what does the soil serve from above

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back