Soil Pipe Distance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a house and wish to have a toilet at the rear 1st floor level. Due to the ground height at the rear of the house being lower than the sewer at the front, I cannot simply drop a stack down at the rear of the house and so wish the pipe to go to the gable end wall, which is 14m from the toilet location.

I read a post on here saying max branch pipe distance is 6m (as does the attached diagram on the building regs document). In the Building Regs document H1 Table 2 it advises 15m max branch pipe for unvented soil stack discharge.
This is for a single toilet, basin & shower would feed into this branch. Is the quoted distance of 6m for an unvented branch, if I put a vent beside the toilet is it possible to achieve a longer length, i.e. similar to that quoted for soil stack discharge? or does anyone have any other suggestions? The only other feasible route would be to go into the down within the centre of the house and under the house to the front which I want to avoid incase of future issues.

Attachments

• Soil Pipe Branch.JPG
    Soil Pipe Branch.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 220
Sponsored Links
Yes, a vent at the toilet end would be preferable and would allow what you propose. Especially with the basin and shower going in to it as well as there is a danger of the traps being pulled with no vent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back