Soil Stack Tee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am well on with my bathroom install (well more rip out today floorboards and all!) by the end of tomorrow I will be looking to connected to a new stack. I have a tee for the pan connector question is can I cut into the round integral type bosses on the side of the tee for the basin waste or do I have to use a separate boss.

Would just be easier as space is tight with bath waste otherwise.

Ta

Sponsored Links
thankyou, I presume I use the 50mm cutter as per boss? The only reason I ask is because part of the inside looks curved

You need the adaptors/reducers to suit the diameter of your waste(s). you can get them in pushfit or solvent weld varieties that fit in the boss on your tee after you have drilled out the centres.

Sponsored Links
yep got a 32 and 40 adapter although not sure how its suppose to firmly stay in the boss look far too wobbly but will figure it out!

The rubber types are quite malleable, the waste pipe should be adequately supported then it will hold it all in place. Soil manifold's are another option if you havent looked at them.

yep got a 32 and 40 adapter although not sure how its suppose to firmly stay in the boss look far too wobbly but will figure it out!
Glue- solvent weld ;) maybe maybe it`s a different make of soil to the make of boss fitting - has been known -( not for all rubber one :oops: )

its the rubber ones so will have to see. its taken best part of half a day (around the kids) getting the old waste and stack out. Still haven't got pan connector or some soil stack out.

Its looks literally like a rectangular hole the pipes have been shoved through and then mounds of cement forced through. Had to chop loads out.

Only other thing I can see is that the bottom of the stack goes solidly into the ground so I'm going to cut near the base and use a double coupling I've read that this is ok

Take your time, (can always hose the kids off outside until bath/shower is sorted ;) ), last thing you need is a leak you dont know about when its all boxed in..... Enjoy yourself!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back