Solar Panels and loft conversion- Safe????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm in a middle of an attic conversion at the moment and just at the stage of adding insulation and I'm also on the verge of having solar panels installed with a survey being done for it next week.

Will the installation possibly cause any damage such as leaks, as these would be hard to find once I have installed vapour barriers etc and could lead to expensive repairs.

Also the equipment should be installed between a stud wall and the eaves, would it be noisy and the biggest concern as the rooms will be habitable, Safe?

Sponsored Links
Don't worry if the panels cause leaks and ruin the conversion, or if the
equipment is noisy and takes up too much room, or if the system in fact doesn't pay for itself until you're 105; at least you'll have done your bit to Save the Planet.

Don't worry if the panels cause leaks and ruin the conversion, or if the
equipment is noisy and takes up too much room, or if the system in fact doesn't pay for itself until you're 105; at least you'll have done your bit to Save the Planet.

+ 1 :rolleyes:

Well it was more about saving electric and it was all for free but I have decided against it, the risk of damage would have been too much and I'm sure solar/wind technology would be better within 10 yrs that would make these things obsolete anyway.

Sponsored Links
Well it was more about saving electric and it was all for free but I have decided against it, the risk of damage would have been too much and I'm sure solar/wind technology would be better within 10 yrs that would make these things obsolete anyway.

commonsense prevails!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back