Solid Wall Celotex Sealing advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have started framing my bedroom walls, and lining up the celotex insulation panels, however some are a little off size compared to others, before I fix everything in place and tape up with foil tape, whats best to fill the little gaps with?

Sponsored Links
If you want to maintain the insulation value in the gaps(if large) use foamfiller but this could get behind the foam and press it forwards if you haven't already secured it. Otherwise silicone bath sealer or acrylic caulk

Screw a piece of timber temporarily over your studs to stop any thing moving while the expanding foam goes off.

Screw a piece of timber temporarily over your studs to stop any thing moving while the expanding foam goes off.

If you buy a proper gun for the expanding foam, you can control the flow quite finely and should be able to insert a small bead without the boards moving about.

I always aim to have a small gap so that I can fix with expanding foam. It eliminates all gaps and fixes the foam quite rigidly.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
I bought a foam gun but I got fed up cleaning it after getting clogged up, I now buy the soudal foam cans that you can reseal.

I bought a foam gun but I got fed up cleaning it after getting clogged up, I now buy the soudal foam cans that you can reseal.

Fair point. I've got through three guns so far. No matter how careful you are they always seem to block up eventually.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back