Some questions about my clio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally got rid of the Saxo and replaced it with a 03 Clio dynamique 1.2(1149cc) 16v 75bhp 20k miles
http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/108897/media.jpg/

Firstly can someone tell me if this is a mk2 or mk3?

I`m happy with the ride quality & handling & it`s pretty quick in 1st & 2nd but it seems to die in 3rd & 4th and it seems to take ages to reach 40 compared to my Saxo, is it just a ****e box or a problem?

2nd problem, since I reset the trip mileage display the clock has now disappeared from the total mileage display on the dashboard, is this a well known fault & can I get it back?

Last problem & the scariest, if I hold the steering wheel straight, the car veers to the right & if I straighten the wheels up then the steering wheel isn`t straight. My dad says it`s just a case of taking the wheel off & straightening it up but I thought it was something to do with the alignment of the wheels, is it just a matter of taking off the steering wheel off & making it straight or something more?

And one last gripe! is there anyway of disabling these ruddy auto wipers because there a right pain in the arius! They wait until I can`t see & then do one sweep & wait again until I can`t see, so I switch to what I thought was manual mode which puts them on at a constant speed until I stop & then the wipers stop! :evil:

Ta
Rich

Sponsored Links
tis a mark 2, the new ones are a 3.

as for the clock, ahve u tried scrolling thru the computer options, there is a button at the end of one of the stalks on the steering column

you could remove the steering wheel and put it back central, but the real problem is the tracking is out, take it to a gharage that does tracking, should cost 50-60quid

are you sure it has autowipers? my bird has same yr n model an hers dont, it has intermittent wipers and the speed can be controlled by turning the wiper stalk, or click down the stalk once more for constant, and another click for highspeed

hope this helps

to have tracking done properly it should take about an hr, 50 is about the hourly rate,

libby you may not have needed anythng doing hence it was just a check and no correction, ians is obviously out

Sponsored Links
75bhp is better than the 60bhp, 8 valve, single point injection go-kart & i`ve found out what was wrong, I was frightened to push it above 2000 rpm! I know but I ain`t had it a week yet & I dont want to bend it yet! I would have really liked the V6 clio but I have to live in the real world.
are you sure it has autowipers? my bird has same yr n model an hers dont, it has intermittent wipers and the speed can be controlled by turning the wiper stalk, or click down the stalk once more for constant, and another click for highspeed
If I put the lever to the first position, the wipers wipe once & if theres no water on the windscreen then they don`t wipe. I`ll stick a video up on google for Heyyouitsme to have a look at.

libby lou lou said:
50- 60 quid for tracking??? most i ever pay is £15,ask about!!

I paid £70 for 4 wheel laser alignment and my steering wheel is straight and my uneven tyre wear has been eliminated and the car tracks in a straight line for the first time in along time:cool:

Thats summat else I noticed when I had the offside tyre replaced due to an unrepairable puncture, it was worn more on the outside than the inside. Does £68 sound too much for a Pirelli P6000 185/55/15?

Ian84,you can pick up a "budget"brand of tyre that size round here for £33.
I could get a 195/65-15 for £29,but chose to spend £63 on a Mitchelin.
Top brands do cost a bit more but are worth it,unless you just want to hold one corner up to sell the car.Bet if you rang around,that would be a typical price you paid.Look on the bright side,it was worn on the outside anyway,so had been excessively toeing in.If you have had it all tracked up it should start to wear even now.

Sponsored Links
Back