Sony Handycam software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife go me a lovely Sony HandyCam whole idea was this was able to work with PC. The software has a number of parts the ImageMixer VCD2 fails Message #=[IMO6006] CDR drive does not exist. I had a LITE-ON DVDRW SHOW-1633S but thought maybe it needed older drive so fitted my old CREATIVE CD-RW RW8435E and it sees neither.
The Picture Package VCD Maker is started from the camera it seems to work it will allow me to select either drive although drive speed is only shown on CD writer. It starts by saying “Capturing video: segment 1” after 10 minutes even though the video is longer it moves to “Converting the captured video: segment 1” progress is very slow like watching paint dry. Clicking on more info brings up a web page with all updates listed I have tried to install all the options for 1.5.60417.1 the version I have. Copyright 1991-2001. LEAD Technologies, Inc.
After around ½ Hours it starts all over again with segment 2. Clicking on the “Use video captured so far to make disc” on computer the second segment was cut short at 6 minutes that’s 16 minutes in total. From display seems to do whole tape would take a little under 3 hours. 20 minutes to convert 6 minutes of video. Next it goes to Creating disc image then to writing disk image which only lasts a few seconds and then whole program disappears and nothing seems to have been written on disc.
Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?
The Video Capturing tool which writes to hard drive seems to work but seems to have a maximum time and as more is put on hard drive it soon gets to full point although loads of room on drive as if it can only save on VCD worth of video?

Sponsored Links
Back