Sottini D'amore bath feet fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently bought a Sottini d'amore bath from gumtree but I have no idea how to fit the feet.

Does anyone know how this is done?

They have a very small screw hole but i doubt this would hold any weight.

The bottom of the bath has two meatl bars running across (left to right) the bath but it doesnt reach the feet.

Any help and especially experience with sottini baths would be appreciated

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Pics below,

//www.diynot.com/network/colboy8/albums/11935

Hope this helps.

I also saw on another post that someone had a similar set up but had screw in adjustable feet.

Looking at the metal bar below the bath it could be that this has a small screw threaded hole for this type of feet, maybe the cast iron feet are just meant to be decorative?

Please help as i need this in before the parents come for sunday dinner!!!

Col

I also saw on another post that someone had a similar set up but had screw in adjustable feet.

Looking at the metal bar below the bath it could be that this has a small screw threaded hole for this type of feet, maybe the cast iron feet are just meant to be decorative?
I think you've probably answered you're own question above. That would seem to make sense.

Sponsored Links
I think there should be some sort of shoulder on the inside of the leg which the support bar sits on and the leg is secured to that bar. The bath must be raised to allow for drain connections, so those legs are vital and not for show.
Are you sure the legs are the correct ones for that model bath.
I would contact the seller for clarification, or Sottini.
Sorry I cannot help any further. There may be someone on the forum who have experience of these baths.

Hi there,

Pics below,

Please help as i need this in before the parents come for sunday dinner!!!

Col
Pictures helped a lot ;) . There are some holes on the outer edge of the metal bars - you probably put the plastic feet/ metal threaded rod/ nuts through there - How many threaded rods/plastic feet do you want - from my store of salvaged bath bits - ie. my shed :LOL: . That I can help with - the only way you`ll get the bath in for Sunday dinner is on a couple of wooden beams @ 90 degrees to the metal ;) Send me a message with your address - my eMail is in my profile . Those cast iron feet are certainly just decorative

See, I just new someone would be along who had the info. Good result.
Pictures of that bath on their web site show the feet acting as a support for the bath, raising it off the floor :?:

I finally got hold of the man i bought the bath from, luckily he had installed one before and he told me there are some brackets that help the feet slide onto the metal bars, wierd but apparently true.

thanks for the info and the help, if the fittings do turn out to be worng then ill certainly be in touch for those bits, thanks again!!

Col

Just incase anyone was interested, i have fit the feet!!

So, the "Real" feet are a z shaped bracket with an adjustable metal foot, this slides the top part into the metal bar on the underside of the bath and then screw into place. The leg then goes down to the bottom foot which is adjustable incase the floor (like mine) is not,level. The leg part has a hole in it and the cast iron feet have a screw type bar that fits into the little hole in the cast iron foot. you just then slide the screw var thru the hole in the leg, wing nut it on the back and voila! the cast iron feet are jsut decoratively covering the real feet.

Very confusing since the official website and the sales websites seem to completely ignore this fact!!!!

Thanks for all the replies, love this forum!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back