Fitting Bath Feet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I have a new bath to fit, im fine with the pipework, taps, wastes etc.

However the bath i have bought is

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/double_ended_bath_7.html

The bath comes with 2 supports that are supposed to fasten to the base of the bath, however the base of the bath is acrylic/fibre glass.

There are areas where the acrylic is thicker, do i screw the bath feet into this or do i need cut some board? Also the feet only secure to the base of the bath, should i put extra support in? If so what extra support is required. Im fitting the bath into an alcove

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Ive just heard back from the supplying company and they say that the baseboard is encapsulated in the bath.... thought as much.

However, its an 1800mm bath, at what distances would it be best to fit the supporting feet?

Andy

No instructions really, well the ones that come with it are nothing to do with the bath. and definatly dont say where the feet go.

Ive rung the company and they responded with "any professional plummer should be able to fit it"

Well

a) im not a professional plummer
b) I bought it to fit myself not pay someone to do it (I dont get the same satisfaction paying someone to do it)

So from experience could anyone suggest how i should space the bath feet?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Thanks, thats great info!!!!

Just what i needed, might have a look on the website for other fittings, fortunatly my shower is a TC so that should have good instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back