Soundproofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Fairly new on here so hello to you all.

I am having issues with a very thin party wall in our lounge which means we can pretty much hear what our neighbours are saying and his annoying laugh.

I have been quoted around 1200 pounds by a professional which I cannot afford at the moment, I know this will be a proper studded wall job with thick rubber panels, etc.

I've been referred to sites such as soundstop and ikoustic and see that they do soundboards for not much money.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of soundproofing. How effective are they.

I'm pretty skeptical as it seems they just pluck wild decibel reduction claims out of thin air.

I'm looking to do it myself and really need some honest advice from a professional or from somebody that has these soundboards fitted in their own house.

Thanks
Jim

Sponsored Links
What ever you do will help but, sound transmits through solid objects dont forget that fact, I have never used these sound proofing kits I believe its made from sport's pitch covering a kind of granular rubber,let us know what you find out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back