Space between boiler flue and extractor hood flue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is in my kitchen, it is a Worcester Bosch 24LE. I would like to install and extractor hood in the space next to it, venting to outside. However, this will mean that the boiler flue and extractor flue will be quite close on the outside wall.

Is there a minimum distance I should aim to achieve between the two flues?

I have attached pictures to give people something to work on when answering!

Thanks,

CD
View media item 13930
View media item 13935
View media item 13932
View media item 13933
View media item 13934

Sponsored Links
You don't have to worry the extractor hood will determine the distance between the flue terminals and as both flues are blowing outwards you are not going to have any problems with fumes.

Regards

My concern was primarily at times when the hood is off but the boiler on e.g early morning during winter. Would there be any risk of gases seeping back through the extractor hood flue?

Has to be 300mm between them and dont worry the gases are only water vapour and carbon dioxide

Sponsored Links
Thanks fluffster. With regards to the louvred vent, do these reduce efficiency of the extraction system as effectively it's an obstacle to the free venting of air, or is the obstruction so minor it makes no difference?

The flaps are very light so will not affect it drastically.
Also they stop the wind from blowing in.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back