speedfit and compression

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have I made a cock up? I have used copper inserts with speedfit piping and compression fittings, these are not the plastic ones recommended on the JG website. Am I in for trouble with leaks?

Sponsored Links
waggonway said:
Have I made a cock up? I have used copper inserts with speedfit piping and compression fittings, these are not the plastic ones recommended on the JG website. Am I in for trouble with leaks?
no

When you say that you have used copper inserts, do you mean inserts which fit inside the plastic pipe, or copper olives which fit around the pipe but inside the compression joints? cos you need to use both.

Normal copression fitting with olives and copper inserts. The JG website says to use their own plastic inserts, the ones without o rings for compression fittings.

Sponsored Links
Why would you need coppers inserts?? Surely you mean inserts for plastic pipes?

why has Johnathan Guest changed the inserts to ones without o-rings?

dont tell me that they are only for use with compression fittings and the o-ring versions for the pushfit fittings :eek:

Easier to get the olive over the cheapy insert as opposed to the superseal.
Whose are the copper inserts?

The trick
is (with the oring type) is to put the olive on the pipe (in the actual position for tightening) then put the insert in the pipe.

BTW - dont forget to put the nut on the pipe first ;)

see the apprentice knows something :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back