Speedfit conduit questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm currently in the process of renovating my house, part of this is including installing a new central heating system. I'm having a plumber install a new combi boiler and i'll then do the rest from there.
I'm intending on doing the whole lot in speedfit plastic pipe, which all 3 plumbers I got quotes from said was a good idea.

I'm planning to run all of the central heating and domestic water pipes through the ceilings and do chased drops to the radiators in 10mm speedfit. I understand that I will need to put the speedfit in conduit when chasing it into the walls, can this just be standard 20mm conduit that you would use for electrical installations, or does it need to be something specific?

I'm also intending to have three "zones" one for the bedrooms, one for the main living area and one for the towel rails. I presume these can all share a common return, which I can run in 22mm throughout the house?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What's wrong with Speedfit conduit?
517750_wl.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back