Running 22mm plastic pipe through floor slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of converting an old bathroom into a bedroom and the heating pipes will need to be moved.

The heating pipes have all been done using Buteline PB and I will need to run a length through a floor slab.

Current plan is to use JD Speedfit 22mm conduit within a chase in the floor and cover with a concrete repair mortar. Joints will all be made outside of the room so the pipe could be re-pulled if needed.

Questions are:

Will the conduit be sufficient to account for expansion of the pipes and prevent the concrete from cracking?
What depth should the concrete be buried in the slab?
Does this sound like a stupid idea in the first place?

Sponsored Links
Never used the JG conduit but I believe it is constructed to accommodate expansion.

You would want to insulate too to avoid heat leaching into the slab. Depth will be determined by the thickness of the slab and location of the channel and whether it would need to resist foot traffic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back