Splashback behind induction hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I keep getting conflicting advice! Including different views from the Howdens salesperson and the details on their website.

I've got an induction hob, with a laminate splashback behind it, which matches the worktop. I know if I had gas, I'd need to have something else behind the hob, or cover the laminate with glass. But what do people usually do with induction?

Presumably the main risk is hot pans getting pushed too far back and marking the board?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Sponsored Links
I've got tiles.

Induction doesn't have the heat lapping up the side of the pan like gas, as the heat travels through the base of the pan.

Thanks - I've actually already had the kictchen installed, but the glass they provided didn't fit the space. The only heat transfer to the wall seems to be from steam rather than the heat of the pans, and it gets warm at most, not very hot. Think I'll do without.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back